Wednesday, July 23, 2008

More Fun at the DIYBangles Booth

I wanted the ladies to get a chance to try multiple techniques on their bangles. This photo was taken on the second day of the show, and we were rolling inked bangles across stretched rubber bands, creating a madris plaid in a rainbow of colors. Lots of fun, especially when I let them use a pencil eraser to stamp matching polka dots in and around the stamped lines.
We even had a visit from the Diva, who brought her own bag of unmounted rubber stamps and graciously shared them with her neighbor. Plus, I got a bag of my own to keep. Now how fabulous is that!?
This photo was taken on the first day. I had used my Big Kick to cut out die-cuts of flowers using shelf liner, creating stickers. The ladies inked their bangles with one shade of Distress ink, added the flower stickers, and inked with a second color of ink. When they peeled off the flowers, they'd created a lovely floral bangle, and we added flower centers with my polka dot stamp from my own line of rubber stamps.
It didn't matter which technique we offered, we always had a crowd. Everyone was sent home with a tube of Diamond Glaze from JudiKins, so they could seal their bangles in their hotel rooms. My trick for this: glaze the outside first and hang it on the doorknob of the closet door. When dry, glaze the inside and edges and sit it on a table to finish drying. So simple, but wow, how the color intensifies after that glaze has been added. You can also seal them with Glossy Accents from Ranger, or Crystal Lacquer. The glaze seals & protects your inks and your stamped images.
Notice the finials in the foreground...these are finished bangles I packed and carried to the show for display. So many techniques...so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.