Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!





Holiday weekends are such fun, aren't they? I've got the burger patties made, the hot dogs and buns, the fries & chips, and I've even got a seedless watermelon chilling. Haven't bought any sparklers but I'm sure we'll sit on the back deck and watch fireworks along with everyone else in the neighborhood.

Meanwhile, there are suitcases to be unpacked from my trip to Orlando, bangles to be completed for my upcoming trip to Chicago, and lots of general fun to be had in the studio.

I'm pulling out the paints, inks, pencils, crayons, watercolors, & more so expect to see a riot of color in the next few days as new photos are posted.

I got the new issue of Somerset Life yesterday and so far I've only taken the time to flip pages. But I must tell you, it's so inspiring! Can't wait to sit down with my post-it flags and my journal, making notes of things I want to try...things I'd like to see displayed in my studio...stashes that are tucked away in drawers need to be shown the light of day so they can find their way into my artwork.

Don't you just love it when art calls out your name loudly? I can hear it calling me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.