Friday, August 15, 2008

When it rains, it pours!

Okay, this isn't really my front yard, but I wanted you to get a feel for what I'm about to tell you.
While I was in Cincinnati last week teaching at Stampaway, my husband decided to dig up my sidewalk, remove my front step, and redesign a new brick walkway with borders along either side of the drive. He worked 3 long days last week and I returned home on Sunday to find a hole 6'x6'x3' where my front walk used to be. No way to get to the front porch at all, though the UPS man managed to toss a box up on the porch from the middle of the yard on Tuesday. Don't ask me...
Today a crew arrived and dug for 8 hours, giving me a hole that measures 9'x9'x5'. And you guessed it...the bottom just fell out of the sky, accompanied by thunder and lightning, chasing away the workers. Poor Clayton tried to put the wheelbarrow in the hole to catch the rain, except that there's a hole in the bottom of the wheelbarrow. Not that it could've possibly caught enough to make a difference anyway.
So all that toil and trouble today has come to a stop. They say they'll be back tomorrow, but you can't install the new french drains and walkway if the ground is wet.
Oh woe is me. Do you think this project might be finished in time for the trick-or-treaters?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.