Wednesday, August 27, 2008

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

Eating lunch really late today and trying to type between bites...I don't recommend it. Remember a few posts back when I talked about my koosh ball? I'm still tossing it around in my car, still taking time to enjoy the simple things in life. Ahh, if only life were really that simple.
Haven't mentioned it but we've bought 2 Scottie puppies about 10 days ago, and I've really had my hands full this week. My husband's out of town so juggling two 13-week old puppies after a long hard day makes for a long hard night.
Most of you may know that we have a collection of cars. We've got two little 2-seater convertibles in the basement garage that are never driven, but it doesn't mean they aren't loved. It's sort of like those thousands of rubber stamps I own that are never inked and stamped anymore, but they're no less loved than the day they were purchased. So we named the puppies, both girls, Mercedes after one of those cars and Mini (as in the Mini Cooper S he drives daily). I pitched Lucy and Ethel but that suggestion was quickly nixed. Fine by me; they don't answer to their names anyway. And mostly I call them Peanut and Baby, which isn't helping with the name recognition I'm sure. I'll add that to my To-Do list and worry about it another day.

Speaking of To-Do lists, do you have one? Do you write down your dreams and goals? I've been told that successful people put theirs in writing and that it helps them to attain what they're after in life. I make lists...on envelopes and scraps of paper...and then I can never find them. So I'm determined to start a new journal for this express purpose. Think of all the classes I've taught over the years, creating journals and books. Surely there's one that will be perfect for this monumental task. Of course it's going to include things most people would never put on a list.

Think about costumes for the puppies; Halloween is just around the corner.

Buy a bouquet of fresh flowers; guess that means I should visit the Farmer's Market.

Unpack my suitcases from Stampaway, or at least carry them up to the studio. Of course in a couple of weeks I'll be repacking for my classes in Cleveland...

I'm a firm believer that laughter will get you through anything, and love will take you every step of the way with a smile on your face. And if you can find a few minutes, or hours, or days to play with inks and paints and create a little art, all the better.

Count your blessings. Sing, or at least hum. Paint your toenails red. Squeeze a puppy. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.