Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Teaching Techniques

 
While in FL at Stampfest I taught 3 classes, and the most popular by far was on techniques.
 
 
We played with inks and paints, stamps and stencils, sprays and stains, and SO MUCH MORE.
 
 
If you look over the shoulders of Neia & her son John, you'll see I had spraying stations set up away from the mayhem at the working tables.  Dylusions sprays are visible but earlier in the class this was the alcohol ink station.
 
 
We certainly couldn't have those colorants on the tables with everyone working so diligently, now could we?  Neia and John signed up last minute and raced to the local Michael's to buy inks and adhesives on my supply list, and fell into the chaos like a couple of pros.


Meet Donna and Peggy in the first 2 seats on the left, two of my Lovelies who are brave enough to take more than one class from me each year.  I just love watching them leave class with inky fingers, knowing they'll be back for more adventure.
 

On this end of the room we see playtime with Distress Stains.  I'm not saying I'm a jumping bean, but imagine that one table was set up with alcohol inks while the other was filled with stains.  And then Dylusions sprays and Distress Paints were set up for round two at those same tables.


In between using all the messy products, we had quiet, stay in our seats techniques, introducing everyone to some unusual play things that were quite a hit.

 
Above left is Wendy, who'd never attended Stampfest or taken a class.  I can't say she had the most fun, but I can tell you she was loving every minute of it.
 
 
Once we'd tackled all the techniques, those end tables were cleared of supplies and hundreds of rubber stamps took their place.  Everyone was able to move from one side of the room to the other, selecting stamps to use on their finished tags before assembling their books. 
 

I provided both mounted and unmounted stamps from Invoke Arts, Artful Illusions, Stampers Anonymous, Catslife Press, Just for Fun, Stamp Camp, Lost Coast Designs and far too many more to remember.
 

If you wanted to stamp faces, there were dozens...words & phrases? 
 even more
 

  What's the best thing about owning tens of thousands of rubber stamps?  You can provide great selections in your many classes.



I made a lot of new friends this year, which is always great, while catching up with old friends too.  Being a teacher is simply the best.
 

 
Thank you Tammy for enjoying my morning class so much that you signed up for the afternoon class and brought your Mom, Ellen.
 

 
Thank you John for joining all the ladies for 3 hours of inky fun.
 
 
 
And thank you Wendy for coming to Stampfest.  We were both surprised on Saturday night when she showed up for my third class of the weekend.  She said she didn't even realize I was the instructor for both, but was thrilled to be back for more. 
 
That means quite a lot.