Tuesday, August 11, 2009

SUMMER CHA again

The Summer Show in Orlando should've been slow enough that I could leave the DIY Bangles booth and walk the show floor. And it was certainly small enough that it could've been accomplished, yet I can't say that I did it. At the end of the first day as we walked away from our booth for a late lunch, we were stopped by the film crew and asked to return for a quick taping. Again, no lip color, no time to comb my hair or search for earrings. What you saw was what you got. I was enthusiastic as always, but my accent was stronger than ever. Help us all.

I did make it over to the Ranger booth for a few photos, such as the one above. Grungepaper flowers were all the rage. Me, I like birds, but clearly it's a matter of personal preference. Perhaps if I want to see birds in their display I should give them a few of mine.
I love the whimsical and managed to find several things with appeal to me. I need one of these crowns!

I liked this shadow box and the hats the ladies are wearing. Magazines showcase letters to the editor with complaints about the dunce caps, and yet here we are, years after the fad began, still seeing them in artwork.


ATC's (Artist Trading Cards) continue their popularity, and here's a wall hanging that showcases a grouping of 6. I like this idea!!




I also liked this frame made with rolled papers, and it didn't hurt that there was a bird perched in the bottom corner.



I'm not really into costume jewelry, and certainly not much of a fan of the real thing, but these little pieces continue to inspire me. Combining a few trinkets is expression enough for me.
Thanks to everyone who came by our booth to make bangles during the wholesale portion of the show. You kept me busy for 3 days and I loved every minute of it. And for the thousands who came to play during the consumer super craft show on Friday & Saturday, a HUGE thank you for your patience. Our lines were consistently long, yet with the exception of 2 incidents fighting over a chair, we had very happy campers join us for a bit of play.
I saw lots of familiar faces from Stampfest, and a gal from Savannah who remembered me from my demos at Eleanor's in Greenville SC several years ago! Woo Hoo!!! I could remember her face but still can't remember her name, so accept my apology please.
There were over 100 of my finished bangles displayed in the booth and I tried to explain tips and techniques throughout the week. Since no one could possibly remember everything I said, expect to see photos and tips in upcoming posts to jog your memories.
My thanks to Claudine and the folks at Ranger for providing her line of paints and brushes for our make & takes. They worked beautifully on our bangles and were the perfect background for stamping words and phrases such as "Trust your crazy ideas...Create...Inspire...Dream Big..."
Thanks to Clearsnap for the ink pads and Smooch, including new colors! On Thursday we made ornaments using our 32mm beads, jingle bells, ribbon, Claudine's paints, rubber stamps, and Smooch to jazz up our artwok. Then we added heat-set crystals for that extra bling. The end results were sensational!!
And if I hadn't been so busy with the steady rush of participants I'd have taken a few photos. I'm pretty sure someone in our booth took a few over the course of the week, so if they share them with me I'll certainly share them with you.
I'm looking ahead to the Winter Show in Anaheim, planning new make & takes and hoping to see more familiar faces in my seats, with space left for new artists too.
Stay tuned, I have LOTS of Stampaway photos to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.