Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Life on the Flying Trapeze

A friend of mine celebrated a birthday last week by taking a class on the flying trapeze. How brave! I'd never do it. She described climbing that rope ladder over and over and I knew I'd have given up after the first climb. But with my fear of heights I'm not willing to step up a short ladder, so there's no way I'd have the nerve for this. She laughingly told me she can't raise her arms over her head this week and she has bruises behind her knees. We laughed but what an achievement, no matter the aches and pains afterward. Kudos my friend! I tip my hat to you.
I survived my week in Orlando, barely. My class with Tim last Monday was a ton of fun as always and I came home with lots of new goodies. The class with Claudine was also fun as we tried different techniques with her line of products by Ranger. And then she was gracious enough to give me lots of paints and brushes so we could decorate bangles with them in the DIYBangles booth every day. A huge thank you to my friend Claudine!

We drove home Sunday...12 hours in the Mini Cooper, in the rain, with limited sight through the rearview mirror because the back was packed sky high with product (and dirty clothes). I washed 3 loads last night which emptied one suitcase. Good thing since I fly out tomorrow at oh-dark-thirty for Cincinnati. Yesterday I shipped 75 lb of bangles, beads and blocks for my Chunky ATC class and my Wearable Art class. My 2 sold out classes tomorrow begin at 3pm and my flight arrives at 8am so I'm packing all those supplies in my carry-on bag; taking no chances with lost luggage.

I wish I had time to tell you all the wonders of CHA but I've miles to go today before I sleep. (I went to bed last night at 1am and I leave for the airport tomorrow morning at 4:15am, which means I've gotta get my ducks in a row!) I can tell you we had an incredible show, decorating bangles all 3 days of the wholesale show. And then on Friday, the first day of the first ever CHA SuperCraft Consumer Show, we had 2 make & take tables set up and both of us worked straight through from 10am-6pm with no lunch, no bathroom break, just forging ahead for one very long day. My day actually began 1 hr and 15 minutes before that, so truly, I was beyond exhausted by 6:30 when I raced to the Ladies Room. On Saturday I was in my seat at 8am. The show began at 9am and we had 3 tables going with make & takes of bangles at two and one table with beads. Still no break for lunch but I did make a mad dash to the restroom at 3:15 while the ladies were painting. When the show closed at 5pm we spent 3 hours packing up the booth for shipping back to OR.
I may not have been swinging through the air on a flying trapeze while you've waited for this post, but I assure you it's how I felt all last week and how I still feel today. I'm setting 2 clocks for tomorrow morning. Wish me luck. And I'll check back in with you when I return next week.
Til then, happy stamping!


  1. I had a wonderful time at the CHA craft show and it sure was good to see Lovely Linda there doing make and takes. Naturally I just had to stop by and say hello and paint a bangle using inks, stencils, and stamping.

  2. I had a wonderful time at the CHA Super Craft show in Orlando. So many things to see and try out. I did a make & take with Lovely Linda decorating a bangle and she remembered me from her classes she taught at StampFest this past June! As always, she had many techniques for you to try out even on a bangle with inks, stencils and stamping. Thank you Linda! You were definately the loveliest person at the CHA show!!!


Please leave a comment.