Thursday, August 22, 2013

Time Flies...on vacation



I don't know about you, but at my house we don't buy new cars...we buy previously owned and loved cars.  I like that someone else pays that sticker-shock price, takes great care of the car, and then passes it along to me to enjoy.  We have 4 such cars parked in our garages.

But having said that, can you imagine what it must have been like back in the day to enter a dealership with marble floors, columns, grand staircases, fabulous, decorative ceilings, and lighting fixtures to die for? 

We visited the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum in Auburn Indiana during our vacation, and I have to tell you, it was pretty fabulous.

We also included The Longest Yard Sale, connecting the drive in Crossville TN, and continuing up through Kentucky and into Ohio.  Would I do it again?  Nope.  But then, I'm not a yard sale kinda girl.  I like antique stores and festivals far better. 

But that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.