Monday, January 21, 2013

Home from CHA in Cold California

It's not fair that I get to visit California once a year and I arrive to temperatures colder than those I left behind in North Carolina. 
Not. Fair. At. All.

If there's any question that I haven't bounced back from my extended bout with the flu, I spent 10 days in CA, driving from LA to Sacramento to Rancho Murieta to Sutter Creek to Jackson and finally to San Francisco, and didn't take a single photo of the views, or much else.  Just not clicking on all cylinders yet.

Snap out of it Linda!  I did take a few photos at CHA, but again, too few.  I watched Tim demo his new Distress Paints, and brought home the tag he made me, but didn't take a picture of him.  Sorry about that.


Watched Dyan with her newly "dyed" red hair wow everyone during demo after demo.  Took photos of her art displayed in the Ranger booth, and a couple of journal pages she had on display,



but nope...no photos of the Queen herself.

She's got new stamps, new colors of ink (love her sprays), new stencils (great silhouettes),

and a journaling block which she used on 2 of the photos above.  See that wavy edge?  That's done with the block.  Both these photos look like she traced around it and cut them out.  I watched her trace the wavy edge onto pages of her journal and then use scissors to cut off the straight edge.  Of course I loved that idea.


Why doodle hearts and squiggly lines when you can simply stamp them instead?  You know I'm right.


And I've always been a fan of her quirky expressions.  She's got new stamps with a few great ones that I simply must get.

Maya Road always had great displays.  Loved this little book.


Visited Susan and Jim in the Clear Scraps booth every day, even making a bracelet out of one of their new borders. 
Great samples on display...from great designers...

Plenty of inspiration.
Come back tomorrow to see what else I found.
Please.