Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Halloween


It's been quite eventful in my little corner of the world lately.  Lots of hush- hush artwork I'm not allowed to discuss.  Lots of fun.  Lots of inky fingers.  Lots of late nights.

Half the decorations are on the front porch.  The skeleton still needs to be dangled from the wire spring, the ghosts need to be hung from the carriage lights, the strings of jack-o-lantern lights need to be hung around the front door, and the spider webbing needs to be stretched.  I've decided not to use the tombstones this year and may regret it when I look back at the photos, but we'll see.  Never did pick up a witch's hat and broom to go with those fabulous shoes, but it might still happen.

Have to tell you that I'm the Halloween nut in our household, humored to a point of course by my better half.  So when I pointed out all these things that we still needed to do, I got a big laugh at the "we".  I don't climb ladders.  Not even foot stools because I don't do well with heights, so I guess you could say I was using the royal "we".  The other day I was in the craft store and in front of me was this tall thin woman who had to be about 80 and she was buying scarecrows and pumpkins and such for her yard.  I smiled widely because I knew that would be me in 30 years, still going strong, still decorating like a crazy person for the trick-or-treaters.

It's supposed to be 80 tomorrow here in NC which means there will be some hot kids inside their costumes.  I can still remember the year my son was dressed in fake fur as a Star Wars character and I was in shorts and a t-shirt, knowing full well that he was dyin' in that outfit.  Seems like a lifetime ago...

Here's wishing you a Happy Halloween from the biggest kid of all...me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.