Friday, April 29, 2016

Artiscape 2016 - Concertina Book Class


There's no such thing as too much fun, and I should know.  When I teach classes, I have more fun that anyone in the room!  It's possible these 2 gals gave me a run for my money last Friday; just possible.


Two of these charmers were registered for another class and switched to mine at the last minute.  The only supplies they had to bring were scissors and a glue stick from their stamping suitcases, but I'd packed extras and shared a few of the glue sticks and lots of double-stick tape throughout the morning.


I admit I do a lot of my best work standing and clearly I'm not alone in that preference.  As in all my classes, I really should bring along an assistant just to snap photos, because I'm too busy running around, lending a hand, or digging for a needed item, that I forget to capture all the fun to share here.


I offered both masks and stencils at the beginning of the class, but the only masks used were the tiny ones I set out by each student.  Everyone still loves stencils so those were the most popular.  That doesn't surprise any of us, does it?


I'd packed both Ranger and Clearsnap dye-based inks for this class in bright, cheerful colors because those are my favorites.  But I brought lots of sample books done with walnut ink,  Distress inks in the original palette of Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Tea Dye & Old Paper, but also one with Broken China, Shabby Shutters, Spiced Marmalade & Worn Lipstick, so they'd realize their options were many.

 
 
And I packed more than 800 rubber stamps and a dozen black ink pads so that once their color was applied, they could stamp a few cute saying and images.  They seemed to get my quirky sense of humor, thank goodness!  And instead of giving them just 7 photos for their 7 windows, I gave them close to 100!!  After all, I've been collecting thousands of black & white photos for years now, so I wanted to show them off a bit. 
 
Again, these girls were taking my class for the first time but insisted they'd be back next year for more.  I sure hope so!
 
It's taken me a few days to unpack everything from the classes.  But I shopped at antique malls in VA, WV and OH for a full week and really want to examine all my treasures before I start organizing it all into drawers and cubbies.  Wish me luck with that!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.