Monday, August 20, 2012

Let's Play


In the last few years I've been obsessed with birds and houses, and that obsession lingers.  So at stamp club last week, I'd stamped a few houses from Dyan's Dylusions line, and we played around for a bit.

Can you see tiny polka dots on these houses?  Made with drywall tape of course.
I thought the house needed a little something since the other stamp images had the look of newsprint and book pages on them.

For this one, I used punchinella with tiny stars.  Liked that equally well.

We began with a bit of water play.  Pressed the corner of dye-based ink pads on our craft sheets, spritzed with water, and then touched down our stamped images lightly to lift up some of that wet color.  Gives the houses a watercolor look, doesn't it?
More ink and less water resulted in more vivid hues.
And then we used water reservoir brushes to lift the inks and paint the roof tiles, applying specific accents where we wanted them.

Makes you want to play, doesn't it?  This was so much fun that we did the watercolor technique to sheets of white cardstock, dried them, and I pulled out lots of my new rubber stamps and black ink pads so we could stamp other images.  My new stamps were a hit.  And I'm not a bit surprised.

I think you should play,... lots,... and often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.