Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fun in Florida

I'm back.  Tropical storm Debby left water standing in yards, ditches, and all along my way, but I drove through sunshine down and back, with only one day of rain in the entire 2 weeks.  Not too bad.

We had a bit of fun in the acrylic album class.  A couple of issues cutting the paper correctly for the chipboard pages, but no alcohol ink issues, thank goodness.
We sprayed flowers with Dylusions sprays, used Ranger's dabbers to stamp on acrylic birds, and applied alcohol ink on acrylic butterflies & dragonflies.  We complained about the heat but no one fainted, so I'd say it was a 2 thumbs up class.

The most fun was the techniques class and I can prove it because I didn't take a single photo.  Which means I was having fun like everyone else.

In the specimen box collage class we were busy from beginning to end.  
Now you know how much I love a creative bunch of women, and this class had a few standouts.
From chaotic color to understated elegance, my gals rocked.

While some went for lots of color and contrast, others went for simpler palettes.  And some had to have a bit of both.  The paper pens & pearl pens were a big hit.  Check out the dimensional dots of yellow on the eaves of the house below.
And here's an example of someone who's not afraid of color.  My kind of gal!
But there was one spectacular surprise in this class.  When I think of all the years I've been teaching my specimen box collages, I'd never thought to stamp the outer box and neither had anyone else.  Until Stampfest 2012.  Just check this out.
Now that's what I call the cat's pajamas.  Kudos!  Oh how I just love a good surprise.

If you missed out on all the fun this year, be sure to plan for 2013.  I know I'll be counting down the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.