Friday, March 16, 2012

STARS Project: Envelope Books

As promised, I'm back with photos of our stamp club's monthly project for March.  This is the front cover of Lori's book.  And below is the back cover.
Every month I'm amazed at how everyone has access to the very same supplies, but they're all drawn to different bits of paper or clip art, or different stamp images.  The big surprise this time was how many brought supplies of their own, like colored envelopes and scrapbook papers.

Lori brought green envelopes:


And Laurie brought pink:



Mary's were brown:

And Lyn's were white:
Deb brought a rich green and found some great scraps of paper I had leftover from days gone by...

Have I mentioned we have a lot of Linda's and Lynda's in stamp club?  Lyn is actually Lynda too but was a goos sport and abbreviated years ago.  Her husband always knows when it's me calling because I ask for Lyn.  Everyone should have a little inside joke.
But I tell you this because I don't want you to be confused when I say these envelopes are created by Lynda:
And now, before I put these last 2 sets up, my apologies ahead of time to Michele.  In one photo you've got such a great smile I didn't want to NOT post it, but the picture is blurry.  In the next one the picture is crisp but the smile is gone because we were laughing and moving and coaching.  (I can hear Laurie telling her not to move in the middle of the shot)

See what I mean about that smile?  How could I possibly crop this photo down and lose that?

And again, with the covers...such different ideas.  At the top of this post you saw Lori's.  Now look at Mary's with that pop thanks to scrapbook paper and some of my measuring tape clip art:
Sharon and I didn't participate.  Instead we played catch up, comparing all the free games we've downloaded on our ipads, in between running around admiring the ongoing creations. 

Another photo op lost:  Lynda stamped an image that looks like the spectacle contraption found in an optometrist's office and I pointed out that I had a stamp of an eye that would fit perfectly inside the lenses.  But she wanted a left eye and a right eye.  So I whipped out a piece of transparency and had her stamp the eye twice before punching them out.  When she adhered them, one had the stamped image face up and the other was flipped over so that it was reversed.  Best of all, the shiny transparency looked like there were really lenses in the frames.  Now how cool is that?!

I've said it before and I'll continue to say it.  If you're not a member of a local stamp club, start one!  Look at all the fun you're missing.  Lo those many years ago I kept seeing the same faces show up for my classes and suggested they start joining me at my house once a month to play free of charge.  And here we are, with some of those very same girls still coming and still having fun. 

Are you close by?  Interested?  Email me.  And if you're not, we're not going anywhere so come back to visit...often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.