Thursday, September 2, 2010

Read a good book lately?

Many of you know I'm attacked by allergies several times a year, and for the past 2 weeks and 2 days I've been plaqued once again.  How do you pass your time when you're ears are so stuffy that you can't hear the TV?  By reading of course...when my meds don't have me sound asleep...as I've been most of the time.
Some of you may remember the movie One True Thing with Meryl Streep and Renee Zellweger, but the book is well worth reading.
Just to clarify, yes, I read all four of these books by Anna Quindlen and have requested more from the library, but they're not necessarily the "happily ever after" type, so be warned.  However it should tell you something that I read one (Every Last One was the first I read, which happens to be her most recent), and I immediately wanted to read more of her work.


If thrillers are more your type, you've got to check out Lee Child and his Jack Reacher series.  Again I read his most recent, 61 Hours, which was a 7-day loaner and finished it in just over 2.  Which meant I had to have another so last night I checked out Bad Luck & Trouble.

But if you just want a good laugh, you know I love Lee Smith.  I've just begun Family Linen, which so far is hysterical.  And normally that would be a good thing but it makes me start coughing, which is a very bad thing these days.

And I've also checked out a few cookbooks in conjunction with all these cooking shows I love to watch.  Of course I'll have to feel a whole lot better before I trade my chicken noodle soup for something more substantial, but surely the day will come.

Thanks for coming by to visit.  Do come again.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that you're under the weather and not feeling so lovely, Linda! At least you're getting to rest and catch up on your reading. Now I'm wondering if I can catch you in a moment of weakness and get you to either share your source for the awesome little crowns we used in your assemblage class at Stampaway or sell me some yourself! What do you say?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.