Thursday, September 23, 2010

The First Day of Fall & Mom's Birthday

Fall has arrived, which is hard to imagine here in NC since we're going to hit a high of 95 today.  Sheesh!  But I'm ready for it and the cooler temperatures it promises to bring. 
I'm ready for the leaves to turn and hope to make a trip to the mountains while the display is at it's best.  I've got a few things to change in the house to mark the change of the season as well, though it's hard to pull out afghans when it's still in the 90's.
Today is also my mother's 76th birthday.  Happy Birthday Mom!  They're coming to spend a night or two and I'm looking forward to that.  I made 4 batches of Chex Party Mix and wrapped 2 of the big plastic containers with white tissue paper & streamers of curling ribbon.  Not really her gift but she'll be tickled.  We'll eat from the unwrapped container while we play dominoes tonight.  And I'm making apple dumplings using a recipe from my friend Lynda, instead of a cake.  Totally different from my mother's recipe, so I'm hoping she'll be impressed.  Is it too early to start baking????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.