Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy New Year!!


Better late than never...I have a stamp that says just that, and I should be using it daily.

It's been a long time since my last post and so much has happened.  The house is painted both upstairs and down.  The color on the first floor is glorious!!  Remember all those $4 paint samples I purchased over the last 4 months, and hated?  My husband selected a color from the painter's color wheel of samples and purchased 10 gallons of it.  Sight unseen!!  Talk about a leap of faith.  It's beyond beautiful, which makes me wish we'd gone with the same color on the second floor.  Instead we stuck with Tuscan Sunset.

Now having the painters complete all those walls, ceilings and that 2-story stairwell in one day is beyond a miracle, especially since it was 3 days before Christmas.  The wall art and most of the knick knacks are still stashed in guest room #2.  We haven't purchased a new rug, or new bedroom drapes, but we're living in relative comfort downstairs.

The same cannot be said for the second floor.  All furniture, wall art, rugs, etc were stowed in my studio...and remain there today, much to my dismay.  We emptied thousands of books from the built-in family room bookcases, from the library bookcases, and even from the master bedroom, stacking them all on my farm tables in 2' tall stacks.  One of my 4 tables is still stacked but 2 have been semi-cleared, moving the books to the floor.  Just imagine navigating aound thousands of books without knocking them over as I race around, opening drawers & cabinets, trying to create art.

And in the middle of all this we've both had the flu.  I'm better, he's worse. 

My job today is photographing my Stampaway submissions and getting them to UPS.  They're 2 weeks late.  (Thank you Connie!!!)

Wish me luck.

Back later for more news...  Thank you for checking back after my absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.