Friday, April 20, 2012

And the STARS came out to play

This year our club has decided to try something new.  For 14 or 15 years we've had a project each month where someone plans it, brings supplies, and then leads us through the steps to complete it.  But now we're starting at home and completing something during the club.  This month we were to bring luggage tags with backgrounds only, which we traded so that each of us had 8 different tags to take home.  I pulled out over 100 oriental images and we all chose what we wanted to stamp on each of our tags.  This first photo shows my tags.
These belong to Sharon and I know this because the one in the top right corner was stamped on both sides.  The one you see here is the back, inked with Ranger's stains, and she liked that better than the front.

Here's the front.  She used Pearl Ex which gives it a shimmer, but felt it had a bit too much to really showcase the stamped images.


I believe these are Deb's only because I see her extras are all decorated.  We each made 10 so that meant we had 2 to fool around with on our own.


Based on that theory, this should be Michele's display.

And these are Mary's.  Her blue-gray tags have streaks of color where she literally did her direct-to-paper from the pads, and while she wasn't thrilled with the inked tags, we were all enthusiastic about the end result when images were added.

I think these are Laurie's only because the top left tag has another matching tag underneath it.

This should be Lynda's only because she was beside me and I gave her 2 of mine.  See the tags on either end of the top row?  My backgrounds and she wasn't pleased with her first attempt.
And I guess Lyn slipped out before I got a good shot of hers.  Sorry about that.  Unless of course one of you emails to say I got the names wrong.

Bottom line, we had fun.  And we got some exercise because we were constantly running back and forth to the stamps on a different table.  That along with almond blueberry cake...happy campers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.