Thursday, June 30, 2011

More Stampfest Fun

My first class on Saturday morning was the Whimsical Assemblage, using an elevated ATC shrine kit from Coffee Break Designs.
I'd love to tell you I took photos of the completed projects, but of course I was running around like a crazy woman and didn't take a single one.

The kits were filled with goodies and the supplies I shared included Ranger's acrylic paints by Claudine, which are fabulous, giving great coverage in just one coat, and in a wonderful array of colors.

They also received wooden triangles, stars, flowers & spheres from Ready-to-Decorate/DIY Bangles.  When I noticed the ladies adding polka dots I realized I should've told them the end of the paintbrush handles made perfect dots.  Better late than never with my instructions.

I don't know if you can see the tiny little bird shadowboxes in these photos, but these are also from Coffee Break, along with the chipboard pennants. 

So if any of you ladies would care to share your finished pieces, please contact me so we can get them posted here.  I know everyone would love to see them, especially me!!


Now here's a really funny story for you.  I taught 2 back-to-back classes on Friday morning and then hosted a table at the Make & Take party Friday night.  On Saturday I led make & takes in the Just For Fun booth all day, as the gals made these ship in a bottle cards.

Saturday night was my Art Journal of Techniques class from 6-8, so I was back in the classroom around 5:00 to get everything set up.  The first 2 gals to come in the room stored their stamping suitcases and began looking at the all the goodies we'd be using in the class.  The excitement grew as I continued to put out more and more supplies.  So when more gals began to arrive we discovered the first 2 were in the wrong room.  They were looking for a Visual Art Journal class in the room next door and didn't want to leave!

That continued to happen right up until the beginning of my class, and we'd all laugh as the ladies who were excited about the goodies began to groan in realization they too were in the wrong room.
So for the ones who stayed and played for 3 hours instead of the scheduled two, I thank you.

Looking forward to more play time next year girls!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a BLAST! And thanks for the shout out re: Coffee Break products! PLEASE send photos ladies! I want to see!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.