Friday, April 1, 2016

I'm Still Here

Yes I realize it's been a year since I posted on my blog.  A busy year.  I might even say a hectic year.  Busy having fun if you really want to know.


Last year this time I was preparing to teach at Artiscape for the first time, and today I'm doing the very same thing.  I'll be teaching 3 classes again this year and during my free time we'll be easy to spot in downtown Columbus antique stores or those incredible book stores we discovered last year.  We left NC with the car filled to the brim and unloaded all those art kits, thinking we'd come home with a fairly empty SUV.  Alas, we came home with more in the car from those shopping excursions than we'd left with, leaving a tiny space in the stacks so I could see out my rearview mirror.

 
In June we traveled down to FL for Stampfest.  My classes there are always fun filled with lots of chatter and laughter, seeing old friends and meeting new ones.  I was one of 4 instructors for a mega workshop on Saturday night when we were all exhausted, but it didn't stop us from having too much fun.

 
 
Journals are still my favorite classes to teach because it gives me an excuse to keep buying paper ephemera in all those antique malls we visit from coast to coast.  For the third year in a row I spent 4 1/2 hours in an antique mall in Monterey CA, with 4 hours in one booth looking through thousands of old b&w photos.  It's a sickness!  But this year I'm teaching several classes using those very photographs, so I feel I've justified that extravagance.
 


And I'll be back in Cincinnati in August teaching 6 classes at my beloved Stampaway.  This was my first convention more than 20 years ago and every year I'm just as excited to work my way up and down the aisles with the rest of the crowd, searching for those rubber stamps and supplies I simply can't live without.


I'm on a roll now so expect me back with more photos.  Lots and lots of photos.  And news about my travels and classes and such.



Maybe even later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.